riding their vehicles 11,000 miles in 11 days.
There are a lot of stories about it and here is one of them click here .
I said no way could I make my pansy butt do that, there just isn't enough money and I like to sleep.
Talking it over with some others and reading what the "ROUNDERS" click here a year-round riding motorcycle club did, I said YEAH!!! That is for me.
It can be done at your convenience. NO SPECIAL DATE. But small groups, a couple, some friends it all would be fun!
Equipment needed scooter/motorcycle/motorbike/bicycle, helmet, desire, camera, sense of humor.
- Set your minimum mileage for the event.
- 270 points for getting started (that's the hard part)
Must be somewhere you have never been or “almost never been”.
Mix familiar roads with at least 50% of roads you have never driven on.
- Must wave at each 2 wheeler you meet 235 points for the entire event, not each 2 wheeler.
Make a minimum of three stops in places you have never stopped before on your trip (per day). With a picture of each! Try and get the 2 wheeler in the picture also. 235 points for each picture with your 2 wheeler in it. No 2 wheeler IN THE PICTURE IT IS MINUS 470 POINTS
- One stop must involve laying on your back and sucking in the goodness of nature for at least 12 minutes. (Not because of an accident, nor a overly friendly competitor), REMEMBER THIS IS A FAMILY ACTIVITY!
Points will be given for your SMILES ( to be voted on at the end of each trip, by popular vote. 235 points
Must visit local dining establishments, not chains.
If a child is selling lemonade by the side of the road, must purchase. That is a bonus of 235 points w/picture
1:You need not to pick up free kittens.
2: Must bring back a souvenir for the SO “left at home”. And try not to make the souvenier a fuel or food receipt. All rules are subject to change and modifications at one's discretion – ESPECIALLY POSITIVE ONES..
- Getting briefly lost: 235 points. We've been able to do that at least once each time.
- Taking a road that you didn't plan on: 235 points
- Taking a wrong turn on purpose and keep going: 470 BONUS POINT points, must have a picture of that road w/street sign and 2 wheeler. No 2 wheeler minus 475 points
- Lowering your blood pressure: 235 points
- One point will be awarded for each bug collected on your scooter, helmet, jacket or person. Mail those collected bugs to a person who forgot to show up! (Mail at your own risk!)
- If possible take a picture at the city/village limits sign with 2 wheeler in it 235 points. No 2 wheeler, NO POINTS. Be safe doing so.