Monday, September 12, 2011

Like millions of others I've survivied my first year of widow(er) hood. It's been quite a trip, to say the least. The kids and of course and our church has made the difference. Without faith in God the first anniversary might have been missed by me.
 A well meaning friend has told me, I listen to too much Southern Gospel and I answered and said how much is too much? It is, to me a moral booster and when I'm feeling down I listen to it. I sure do not want to listen to the news and or politics and I don't like the "newer" style situation comedies. I don't have a lot of family and I don't want them to be like those worthless shows. I watch a lot of the INSP channel and it has some of the old shows like Quinn Medicine Woman, Gaithers, A couple of old shows from Canada that are really good and Ponderosa and Big
Valley. Also RFD and Nat Geographic Channel. A lot different than most of you, I bet.

  One day when I was really feeling down I heard this song sung the "Hoppers" click here and listen . The lyrics are below.



TOO many a great miles behind me
Too many trails are through

Too many tears help me remember

There's to much to gain to lose.

Chorus
Too many sunsets lie behind the mountain

Too many rivers my feet have walked through

Too many treasures are waiting over yonder
There's too much to gain to lose.

 
2: I've crossed the hot burning dessert

I was struggling the right road to choose

But somewhere up ahead there's cool clear water
And defeat is one word i'll never use.

Chorus

Too many sunsets lie behind the mountain

Too many rivers my feet have walked through

Too many treasures are waiting over yonder
There's too much to gain to lose.

I think the song says it all, don't you?




No comments: