Saturday, April 9, 2011

Raking Allergy

  Today is a beautiful day in the mid 70's, no clouds and a southerly wind. The ever loving weather forecaster has predicted an 80% chance of rain for tomorrow.
 I got half of my yard raked and it is the first time in a few years I'm told as the former lady here was not able to do it. You see it would've been done but I spent a couple of hours in the Dr's office on Wednesday. I had a pain in my right shoulder starting to go down into my arm. But if I held my arm up and back the pain would go away. I convinced myself that it was a muscle spasm or cramp and didn't think too much about it. When I sat in a chair the pain would come back but leave as soon as I put my arm in a certain position.
 I do not go to the Dr's very often. In fact he told me 17 years apart for seeing him was spacing them out a little too far, when I saw him after my wife's death. So Wednesday morning I took the dog for our daily mile walk, came back fixed my oatmeal and sat down to eat it and the pain returned. Not one wanting to miss a  meal I finished eating and decided I'd better go to the Dr's office. It's only about 5 or 6 blocks away. I walked in and they wanted to know what my problem was. As soon as I mentioned a pain in my right arm the ears of the 3 gals in the office all turned towards me much like a deer's or a horse's would. From making an appointment, to them going into full alert was quite dramatic I had a seat, found a magazine that was not about cooking or house cleaning and they said COME NOW. I got weighed and went into the room where there is an escape door, I always called it. Actually it is for an ambulance. The Dr. came in and I told him the symptons and after blood pressure, temperature it was decided that I was not having a heart attack or anything like that. He asked me if I'd been raking and I said no that I'd just bought a rake the night before. I said do you think I'm allergic to raking? He was concentrating studying his papers and wasn't really listening. He left the room and came back had me tell him again, retook blood pressure, listened and said YEP!

                                                    Stormy, our little friend from SD

 In our conversations the Dr. and I have always joked around  but he got serious and said Potassium you're low on that, start taking these pills. He handed me another script and I said, do you have any samples? He finally busted out laughing and said I wish all of my work was this easy. Let's go fishing I said ok, when?
 So now just like waiting for test results, I'm now waiting for him to come up with a day so we can go fishing like we used to, so many years ago.
 There is a God you know and I'd like to thank Him for placing me in a place in the world where there are friends and family that care.
                                       An old abanded one room school  in Texas


 The following came to me in an email from an OLDE FRIEND, enjoy it


There was



A blind girl who hated herself because she was blind. She


Hated everyone, except her loving boyfriend. He was always


There for her. She told her boyfriend, 'If I could only see The world, I will marry you..'


One day, someone donated a pair of eyes to her. When the bandages


Came off, she was able to see everything, including her boyfriend.


He asked her, 'Now that you can see the world, will you marry me?'


The Girl looked at her boyfriend and saw that he was blind. The


Sight of his closed eyelids shocked her. She hadn't expected that. The thought of looking at them the rest of her life led her to refuse to marry him..


Her Boyfriend left in tears and days later wrote a note to her


Saying: 'Take good care of your eyes, my dear, for before they were yours, they were mine.'


This is How the human brain often works when our status changes.


Only a very few remember what life was like before, and who


was always by their side in the most painful situations. Life Is a Gift,


today before you say an unkind word - Think of someone who can't Speak.


Before You complain about the taste of your food - Think of someone, who has nothing to eat..


Before You complain about your husband or wife - Think of someone who's crying out to GOD for a companion. Today Before you complain about life - Think of someone who is no longer alive .....


Before Whining about the distance you drive think of someone who walks the same distance with their feet. And when you are tired and complain about your job - Think of the Unemployed, the disabled, and those who wish they had your Job. And when Depressing thoughts seem to get you down –


Put a smile on Your face and thank God: you're alive and still around..